Skip to main content

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - WIP 04

Without further adieu, I present Exia in his full glory!!!

All that's left are minor detailing, assembling his armaments and Exia Repair (REAPER) parts.

Here's what you need for detailing the panel lines. An enamel thinner and enamel paint. Mix a tiny amount of paint to the thinner in a dish to make its texture "soapy" and thin.


Gently damp the brush into the panel lines and let the paint stream. It should look something like this (but hopefully yours won't be as messy as mine, make sure the brush is not soaked too much in the mixture).


Let the paint sit for about 5-8 minutes. Get a q-tip and wet one side with a thinner. Wipe the excess paint lightly and make sure you won't press too hard so you wouldn't erase the panel lines.


With patience and perseverance, panel lines really gives a nice glow and breathes life into the kits.

 


..And with panel lines you are entitled to bully kids on the block >:D



Zoro: Booohooooo ToT


Before getting carried away at taking pictures of my Exia... My innovator sense said - Oh yeah, the armaments!

Some of the edges pops off or doesn't stick so glue it. Remember to apply thinly.


No issues with these swords.


Exia FINISHED!

Front


Right (sorry crappy shot)


Back


Sexy Back


I did glue a couple of parts here. See those pegs that connects Exia's weapons to his arms? It just won't stick no matter what so yeah, glue!




I won't post the assembly for the Exia repair parts. It was very straight forward and did not have any issues. This concludes my Work In Progress for TT Hongli MG Exia Ignition Mode. Up next is my review of the kit itself so stay tuned :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g

RIP Crimson Comet

Photobucket has kidnapped my photos and I'm too lazy to re-upload and update every bit. It's been worthwhile. I'm intending to start a new blog that is more "personal" than just focus on one part of my hobby. Looking at my older posts, I can fairly say I've improved on my toy photography (and English!) in which I am thankful for this space as a medium to share my work. Thank you for reading up to this part! Cheers for 7 years!

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint