Skip to main content

QY SD Wing Zero Custom - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

I'm off with my final SD backlog, QY's Wing Zero Custom. I've got good experience so far with QY kits as I've enjoyed building 0, God, and Alex. Now, onto the most popular, and probably the oldest manufactured / engineered out of the bunch, the Wing Zero Custom holds the dearest memories where and how I started GunPla. The Wing series introduced GUNDAM globally. It was the first Gundam that was aired throughout the world. Most (people at my age and lived outside of Japan) would be most fond of the Wing series as it remains to be their pivotal series that got us into GunPla.

Anyway, onto my review..

Forgot to take pictures of the runners, but anyway, the usual problem - head. Issue 01: Cut off the male connectors in the head and apply glue thinly.


Issue 02: Arms too have fitting issues, gently shave the male connectors to be able to fit the arm pieces together.


Issue 03: Fitting issues again with the skirt armor, shave the male connectors to fit.


...And this too..


Issue 04: This is where it got ugly. The part that holds the wings are too fragile. Gently shave the male connectors and make sure (I can't stress this enough) that before fitting it into the the piece, you have assembled ALL the  prerequisites. Disassembling this part would cut off the male connectors entirely because of its fragility. The male connectors of this part is essential for manipulating and posing the wings. I have mine glued so I hope this lesson would prevent you from this mess :(


Issue 05: Body armor has fitting issues too. You know the drill :p


This is by far my most stressful SD to boot. I could have prevented the wing clusterfuck but hey, I hope my failures would prevent others from doing the same mistake. That ends the cures, here's Wing Zero Custom in his custom paint job!


Notice his metallic blue gave Wing Zero Custom a "His Highness" treatment. It really complemented the yellow parts which I painted gold. I really love how it turned out! :D


His wings looks sexy


BEAM SPAM!!! PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!!


Flash!



To be honest, I think Wing Zero got envious of D-Hell


Just like the SD God Gundam, it was engineered to do its signature pose.
Heero: Yokai.


But, but!! Relena's here!!!!
Heero: To hell with her! I'm GAY! -- JK XD


Ooops. You know you're dead. 99.9% accuracy. Hisatsu!!


I wish Heero was more assertive and less passive when Wufei has gone berserk. Typical Sunrise not giving the fans a badass final action scene. Noticed that in most of their movies. EW, and now 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer -- all lead characters were passive and not used their MS's full potential. Only in CCA where I saw Amuro pawning Char with his Nu Gundam but still, the action sequence was lacking. I blurted WTF when both Char and Amuro got off their Mobile Suits. WTF! Sorry for the spoilers :p





Yosh!



Pros:
This IS Wing Zero Custom :p
Wings
The iconic dual buster rifle

Cons:
Assembling the wings was a pain T_T
Arms are loose - the connector is too shallow to get a firm grip
SD engineering belongs to the "no knees" old bunch

That sums it up. Hopefully if I get my free time, I can start off with my next MG project. I'm still torn ripping my funds with a legit BANDAI because I've been saving up for PS Vita. But anyways, BANDAI kits for me are a bit out of reach and as much as I want to support the legit, I can't :(
Now that I've finished and reviewed all my backlogs - prepare to meet TT Hongli MG Sinanju. Stay tuned for the WIP, assembly cure, and review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g

RIP Crimson Comet

Photobucket has kidnapped my photos and I'm too lazy to re-upload and update every bit. It's been worthwhile. I'm intending to start a new blog that is more "personal" than just focus on one part of my hobby. Looking at my older posts, I can fairly say I've improved on my toy photography (and English!) in which I am thankful for this space as a medium to share my work. Thank you for reading up to this part! Cheers for 7 years!

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint