Skip to main content

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED!

Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory





Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic.


Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works!


That's Amuro by the way :p
Will paint that figure when I get some free time.



Core Fighter
I'm not going to be redundant that the Core Fighter can actually fit into his body. It's amazing.





Amuro and his RX's



Very articulate (except it gave me headaches because of the falling parts)



RG RX-78-2 is so articulate that it can do Britney Spears splits!





Gundam with his full arsenal. Ooohh, I love the added functionality of the shield where you can store his beam rifle and two beam sabers (hilts)




Aside from being able to do the Britney splits, RX-78-2 knows WING CHUN!





Rivalry photos for the soul :p







Pros:
Design
Color Separation
Gimmicks
Decals
Articulation
EVERYTHING concerning the looks is PERFECT!

Cons:
This is where it gets fugly -- though articulation is great, falling parts are a pain in the ass!
What I had major problems is that the fingers keeps popping off. Applied remedy on every popping / falling piece except for the hands which still persisted on falling apart despite the remedy application.
Pegs on the weapons does NOT fit the hands snuggly. I don't know if this an isolated case with my kit but it is a major annoyance unable to hold the beam saber, hyper bazooka, and beam rifle securely (yes all of the weapons does NOT fit)

This IS by far the most annoying kit to pose. Sadly, with everything going perfect in the looks department, the execution of its features fails miserably. Don't be fooled with the chunk of cons though. It's still one of my greatest and meanest looking kits in my collection and with the aura it gives off, it essentially stands out from everybody! Being the "guinea pig" (pardon for my term) as the first kit to get released on the new Real Grade line merchandise, it still is worth it. The progress in the RG line is amazing. My RG Char Zaku already feels a lot more solid than this kit which is just the second release. I am expecting that this is the worst of all RG's and have been hearing good things for the RG Freedom. The horrible (a bit exaggerated) exeperience would certainly not hold me back from getting another RG -- and has been planning to get the RG Aile Strike next, which too, seeing from other reviewers, is a huge step up minimizing the RG flaws. Bottomline? I say get this kit! I mean why not? Sacrificing a bit of its functionality to pave way and up its overall design really was a hit or miss gamble on Bandai's part. I like it and this kit I can say is one of those that is made solely to look good. I guess it's the GunPla gods way of telling no kit is perfect, not even Amuro's MS (lol). Just don't expect this to be as solid as every GunPla that was created post 2008's. I'm stressing despite its flaws, it still worth every cent. Cheers! :D

INCOMING TRANSMISSION...
Amuro: CHAR! Where the fu** are you!? Let's finish this One Year War that seems forever, OVER!
*New Type Flash*
I feel GunPlasmic good... What the...?!


Char: You blabber too much on the battlefield AMURO!!!
Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!


Ughhh! CHAAAAAAR!!! Chikusyo!!


This is the end! AMUUUROOOOO!!!


Heat Hawk A-a-ataaaaaack!!


Too slow Char! これ食べて
Ohhw Shi..... O_____O


GWAAAAHHH!!!


Amuro you bastard!


Beam saber get! Reasoning with you is pointless...


I will end this. Right here. Right now!


死ぬ
死ぬ




...


...Did I get him?


........


Argghh!!
Bwahahaha! I got him! I got you, you stinking newtype!


And that's what you get for touching Sayla! BWAHAHAHA!! I GOT YOU I GOT YOU I GOT YOU!!! LALALALA!!! *trollface*


Oh, I'm not quite sure about that Char >:O


何が...!? Uwwahhh!!!


CHANSU! Char, with this left hand I will crush you and your evil plot. ...Uh, as I've said, I'll end this OYW RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOOOOOOW! (Franky voice) AWWWW!


RIDER AMURO PUNCH!


これを取る


Oooooohhhfff!! Amu.....


...And more of THIS! Who's your daddy now CHAR!? ლ(ºДºლ) 


....Rooooo!! Ouuuuuch...


この畜生!!!


That's it! I'm the RED COMET because of something! FINAL ATTACK! Commence!


RIDER CH-CH-CHA-CHAR.......


KIIIIIIIICK-U!!!!!!!!


So you think you're the only one? RIDER A-A-A-Amuro......!!!


KIIIIIIIIICK-U!!!!!!!


And so the One Year War continues...

Comments

  1. I want!! :D I have the mini version LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go get one! it's worth it! cheapest i saw was with CF.. or try to check sulit maybe some has it @ 1.3k~ price range :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g

RIP Crimson Comet

Photobucket has kidnapped my photos and I'm too lazy to re-upload and update every bit. It's been worthwhile. I'm intending to start a new blog that is more "personal" than just focus on one part of my hobby. Looking at my older posts, I can fairly say I've improved on my toy photography (and English!) in which I am thankful for this space as a medium to share my work. Thank you for reading up to this part! Cheers for 7 years!

Bandai RG Freedom - Review

First plan with this kit was to finish it as simple and as fast as possible. Sucking at panel lining, immediate change of plans to remedy the fugliness it turned out. Inspired by kits with dirt, wear and tear, and realism, I ventured in dry brushing hoping to hone my modelling skills (sure). And of course, fix the clusterfuck it has become. Thus I present, FREEDOM! Happy with the weathering but still needs a bit of polish on some parts are too busy or too "clean" Accessories Wings are a sight to behold Real Grade open hatch feature. Minimal but an effective kick Weather on the skirts and feet are perfect IMO. Glad I was able to pull it off :) Dim with the shot of the thrusters but the details on them are well put My only Kira figure. Does not project as action-y as I would like but oh well... Aaaaand ACTION! One man army is here there's nothing to fear Pew pew pew!