Skip to main content

Bandai SD RX-93 Nu Gundam... And a few rants >:(

Good news on the RG Char Zaku kit, arms are complete along with the skirt, head, and weapons. All that's left are the body and legs. Left leg is 97% complete, 3 miniscule decals are to be placed probably tomorrow. Hmm... I'm guessing it would take until next week the way I progress. :(

Getting "stressed" with applying waterslide decals on my Char Zaku, I was able to finish this guy. Quite happy how it turned out. Masking was hell as usual but fun anyways. It's been a while since I've painted a kit. Renewing my painting vigor with an SD kit is a sure fire. Assembling SD's are a breeze and a stress reliever from all the sweat, tears, and blood my hands go through the RG. Never thought I'd spend a lot of time (more than an MG, mind you) with it. Again, lifestyle, work, and NBA 2k12 (lol) gets in the way of GunPla. Hopefully I'd find time to sit down and focus on Char Zaku so I can finally proceed with the RX. Tee-hee

Not used to taking shots with a DSLR. I miss my Lumix.


Insignia on his chest, shoulder, and shield are from my MC Hi-Nu Gundoom. A bunch of leftovers so why not use it. This is Nu after all. It sure tops Bandai's waterslide decals as it sticks and conforms to the surface much better, grey color is not "washed" and "dotted", and the backing actually disappears it leaves the decals a painted impression on the surface. NICE!


Side shot whoo


Decal at the back of his head! It says.... Manufactured in Anaheim Electronics lol


...And a few action poses



Hyper OMG Bazooka get-out-of-the-way-or-else-you-know-you're-dead



I really love how the decals turned out. Gave a +1 factor to this badass kit


Messatatsu!!!!



All your basez are belong to uz!!!


With his pops, Amuro Ray! Awww family photo <3



Emo Gundam




Pros:
Catch it for only 130 bucks @ Festival Mall! - Cheap
Bazooka has a firing mechanism. Pretty cool gimmick which I don't see in newer kits
Sturdy build. No parts are falling / popping off

Cons:
Requires a lot (a ton!) of painting to look good
Engineering / articulation of this SD kit is pretty outdated, hence a V2 is released

Summing it all up, pros outweigh the cons. Painting is a given for an SD kit for it to look accurate and good (though newly release post 2005 SD's are good). Engineering too is a given con for this relatively old kit since this was released way back in 93 (?). The bazooka gimmick sure is fun, just don't expect it to shoot the kid in you're neighbor. The projectile travels to 6-8 inches at best.

I love this kit! Especially since I bought this for a mere 130 bucks, which is a price of a bootleg. More importantly, it has become a sweet distraction to pump up my juices into building and hopefully finishing my RG kits soon. Stay tuned! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g

RIP Crimson Comet

Photobucket has kidnapped my photos and I'm too lazy to re-upload and update every bit. It's been worthwhile. I'm intending to start a new blog that is more "personal" than just focus on one part of my hobby. Looking at my older posts, I can fairly say I've improved on my toy photography (and English!) in which I am thankful for this space as a medium to share my work. Thank you for reading up to this part! Cheers for 7 years!

Bandai RG Freedom - Review

First plan with this kit was to finish it as simple and as fast as possible. Sucking at panel lining, immediate change of plans to remedy the fugliness it turned out. Inspired by kits with dirt, wear and tear, and realism, I ventured in dry brushing hoping to hone my modelling skills (sure). And of course, fix the clusterfuck it has become. Thus I present, FREEDOM! Happy with the weathering but still needs a bit of polish on some parts are too busy or too "clean" Accessories Wings are a sight to behold Real Grade open hatch feature. Minimal but an effective kick Weather on the skirts and feet are perfect IMO. Glad I was able to pull it off :) Dim with the shot of the thrusters but the details on them are well put My only Kira figure. Does not project as action-y as I would like but oh well... Aaaaand ACTION! One man army is here there's nothing to fear Pew pew pew!