Skip to main content

Bandai RG MS-06S Zaku II Char Aznable Custom - Review

Finally! I mean FINALLY! My Char Zaku got its attention thanks to the long weekend :D
My room was a mess; decals, decal paper, parts, plastic, and a ton of q-tips were lying around. That got me pumped up into finishing the kit. Without further adieu, I present - CHAR!~

Starting off, the complete perks of the kit


A 360 view of Char's Zaku



I just noticed that the insignia on his back pack flew off T_T
Damn I suck at applying decals. Never! EVER! Apply decals on a surface with a flat coat. Always apply it on a smooth / gloss surface. Notice in a few photos that some decals tore off too during photo shoot. LESSON LEARNED.


To show off the RG's articulation


Kneeling poses are flawless (almost, more on that later)


Ratatatatataatatataaaaaat!!!!



RIDER CHAR KIIIIIIICK!!!!!


Amuro tasted a few of this


CHAR TAKERU!!!


Heat Hawk GET!


Onto my favorite weapon - CHAR BAZOOKA! (?)
Taruget Rokudo


Faaaiyaaah!!


Char Rampage
Char: Who's your daddy now huh AMURO!?!


Char Zaku


Don't ever touch my sister with your filthy newtype hands! >B(


Amuro: But I already "touched" her CHAR!
Char: ........... AMURO!!!
Zaku: Teee-heee....


...And so the eternal rivalry continues


Full Frontal armaments




Pros:
Oh boy where to start? Details are amazing
Sophisticated color separation are top notch!
Never thought that the panel lines were excessive. It has a ton but felt just about right.
Articulation.
The spring gimmick on his legs
Mono eye moves independently

Cons:
*Careful when doing kneeling poses. Side skirts tend to fall off
Fingers pop off fairly easily

I've read a lot of reviews and rants about the flaws of the RG kits. From skirts to fingers, for me they are a bit exaggerated. Sure, falling parts are annoying but it WAS NEVER (at least for me) an issue when playing around with it while taking photos. It pops off from time to time but it was manageable. The pros outweigh the cons by a wide margin. The RG's offer something new while staying true from its roots. For fans of the UC timeline, I suggest get the two main suits. I already started the RX-78-2 and crap, I can't wait to finish it soon! Verdict? A must-have!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD Shining Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

It has been a while since the last time I blogged. Reality bites and I have to focus on the "more important things in life." Work, girlfriend, and of course going outdoors - a much needed "distraction" to regain my appetite for GunPla. In all honesty my interest has gone downhill and the promised TT Hongli MG Sinanju is nothing more of a plan than a work-to-be-done. There will always be the GunPla itch so I picked this teeneeweenee SD that caught my eye. Welcome to the club, Shining Gundam!! To start off, the box. Runners - 5 in total along with the polycaps Issue 01: See the yellow fin attached to the head? Don't force to plug it in. You'll only damage the plastic. Shave off the little opening to fully accommodate the fin. Repeat it on the other side. Issue 02: The usual suspect in QY kits. What I did was shave the male connectors with my hobby knife. Head done! Notice I used the foil stickers. It's not that I was too lazy to paint the eyes, b...