Skip to main content

Bandai HG 1/144 RX-78-2 30th Ed. Review

Ahh, yes, the promised "from time to time" review of legit kits. And yes, please do. Support the original maker! Supporting Bandai would definitely increase our chances of getting more kits in the market. That being said, I can't keep purchasing legit. As much as I want to, budget and lifestyle gets in the way of buying legit vs bootleg. Dropping premium cash on legit kits is just not feasible for my means of living :(

Anyway, quite happy that I could snag this baby on sale. Now THAT is an insta-buy for me! We all know Bandai have NO manufacturing defects so this will be a straight review. If I see a need to take note on some assembly guide I would post, but meh, this IS BANDAI :D

First stop, Box


Runners and manual


With that out of the way, assembling Gundam gramps was a breeze (though panel lining this kit was hell!)


You might say, "Heyy the shield is upside down dumbass! Newb!". Placement was intentional. I was inspired with the Gundam Origin ver since he holds the shield the "right" way - realistically speaking.


Simplicity - where less is more. Pretty darn sexy IMO :)


Stand pose with his rifle


DIEEEE!! Pew pew pew pew!!!


Some poses i got from the manual




Fly Gundam fly!


Close up


Strike!


Sword GET!



See why I said you hold the shield the "right" way


Another manual pose


Time for some fun with Bazooka - my favorite weapon >:D





This is badass!



Target sighted. Amuro Ray, exterminating target!!


Beam saber fun







Pros:
Affordable
Articulation
Design (IMO, simple yet striking)

Cons:
Beam saber *though you can fit other kits' saber into the hilt on his back
Fragile

Finally the opportunity to build Amuro's first unit. I am a huge fan of the UC timeline especially Amuro's MS's. It was a treat building the FIRST EVER Gundam and seeing this kit stay true to the original design while having a fresh kick with all those panel lines gave new life to the RX-78-2. Hopefully I can find a dirt cheap Real Grade of RX-78-2 bwahahahaha! That wraps it up! Hit the comments for suggestions on what kit you want reviewed (may it be legit / bootleg). Thanks for reading up to this part! Cheers.

Comments

  1. hoho i see u got the 30th Aniversary HGUC Rx78 Gundam.. Nice touch ups on it :D i have this too..(used from Forever gundam due to recycle parts :D) so now its rx78 GUndam cuz i used the armor for my unicorn Gundam :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi khaidir!
    that's cool! are the kits in your blog?
    i'd like to check them out :)
    ..and thanks for the complement!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wew nice pics and review, I just switched to UC line kits, just got RX79(G) and TR1 HAZEL ADVANCE yesterday(My first UC kits). And because your blog, he's next on my list! Two thumbs up with RX78!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ hey thanks for the complement. appreciate it :)

    you won't get disappointed with the G30th RX! it is an awesome kit with a lot of details! it's as color accurate as it gets with some minor touch ups on the shoulders. a must have if you're an HG collector like me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g

RIP Crimson Comet

Photobucket has kidnapped my photos and I'm too lazy to re-upload and update every bit. It's been worthwhile. I'm intending to start a new blog that is more "personal" than just focus on one part of my hobby. Looking at my older posts, I can fairly say I've improved on my toy photography (and English!) in which I am thankful for this space as a medium to share my work. Thank you for reading up to this part! Cheers for 7 years!

QY SD God Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

Thank GOD I'm back! Lumix is back and my GunPla energy has been over the top! I'm feeling good this morning and built Gundam Alex. Well more on that next time, but again, thank GOD I can finally review my QY God Gundam! Starting off, here is the box of QY's bootleg of God Gundam (Deitg Warrior). Unboxing this miniscule kit, there are only 5 runners along with the polycaps. ..And here's my bootleg Unicorn (mfg by Jargon), envious why he does not have a review. Issue 01: Starting off our assembly cure, carefully shave off the chest piece by a hobby knife to snugly fit it into the chest armor. Issue 02: Like most of my QY kits, head continues to be problematic. Cut the male connectors and apply glue to the seams. Issue 03: Waist armor male connectors are too thick. Shave by a hobby knife or sand it down to fit the pieces. Issue 04: Arms too have fitting issues. Cut the male connectors and then glue. Make sure you do not forget the poly cap when gluing! Is