Skip to main content

Bandai RD Unicorn Destroy Mode Full Action Ver. - Review

Yes! My 2nd haul in the RD line. Again, another steal deal. This fig retails for about 2.5-3k+ but was able to grab it for only 1.3k! And to add icing on the cake, it's brand new! My funds are actually limited this month as I will be going for vacation but with that price it was too hard to pass up being an unplanned purchase.

To make story short, I am one happy camper :D

360 view, box



Unicorn Destroy Mode looks really wicked >:D






Backpack looks awesome and cleanly detailed



Run Forest Unicorn, Run!! Showing off the articulation (WOW)




What's inside the box: Boom! A pair of Gatling guns, bazooka, beam rifle, 2 beam sabers, 2 packs of ammo (rifle), bazooka ammo, shield, shield connectors, different sets of hands, and the disappointing extra v-fin


Disappointing as my fig came with a bent v-fin. Most likely a case to case basis because of its rubber nature. Oh well...


Unicorn Destroy with his full ar..... maments :p







Gramps Gundam and his 5th(?) son (size comparison)


You haven't seen DESTROY MODE yet until........
BRATATATATATAAAAAAT!!!!


H-Arms where you at hommie?!


I desperately need a Tamashii stand :(



Banagher with his most adored weapon







Unicorn: Sword GEEEET!!







Come and get it




A bit weird seeing Unicorn with aggressive agile poses. He's pretty static in the OVA's. Articulation is really good with this fig




My favorite box art pose




Pros:
Articulation is superb (yes, I'm really starting to love RD)
Details are perfect
Comes with a ton of equipment

Cons:
V-fin and hands are a bit loose but was not really a bother when fiddling around
Extra v-fin is bent (maybe case to case)

Another awesome piece from Robot Damashii! This purchase easily had mileage on every penny spent. I still can't believe that I was able to snag this fig for 1.3k with all the equipment, articulation, and details that is so close to perfection. A must-have for UC fans and I dare say that its value is really on the 2.5-3k+ range with what you're getting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD Shining Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

It has been a while since the last time I blogged. Reality bites and I have to focus on the "more important things in life." Work, girlfriend, and of course going outdoors - a much needed "distraction" to regain my appetite for GunPla. In all honesty my interest has gone downhill and the promised TT Hongli MG Sinanju is nothing more of a plan than a work-to-be-done. There will always be the GunPla itch so I picked this teeneeweenee SD that caught my eye. Welcome to the club, Shining Gundam!! To start off, the box. Runners - 5 in total along with the polycaps Issue 01: See the yellow fin attached to the head? Don't force to plug it in. You'll only damage the plastic. Shave off the little opening to fully accommodate the fin. Repeat it on the other side. Issue 02: The usual suspect in QY kits. What I did was shave the male connectors with my hobby knife. Head done! Notice I used the foil stickers. It's not that I was too lazy to paint the eyes, b...