Skip to main content

Revoltech Yamaguchi Vash the Stampede - Review

Accustomed to kits, this was a bit of a surprise. Falling in love with the Robot Damashii series is another story though. This stands apart from the collection as my first human figure. Not really mine but my bro's. After seeing and fiddling with the real deal, all my skepticism towards liking a non-mecha figure hit and slapped both of my cheeks hard and red. Revoltech's Vash is a-a-a-awesome!

360 view





Ah! Vash - what I remember from my childhood memories. Perfect!


Here comes the stampede



Cool! Another signature pose that R.Y. was able to pull off! (I wasn't able to pull off the pose entirely lol.)



KNIVES!!!!!



Wish I had a dio :(




Pew pew bratatatataaaa pew pew pew!!!
(RX-78-2: Boy careful where you aim at!)



Pros:
Details are PERFECT
Accessories + stand
Articulation

Cons:
Trench coat's joints are a bit soft but manageable

The details that was put onto this masterpiece is tops! I can't see any chips or excess paint. Overall looks from face, hand gestures, feet, and accessories pretty much nailed the coffin. If there's a Vash figure that a fan deserves, THIS is the one to get. I can't really say anything bad about this fig but the joints on his coat. It can stand but was a bit soft. I wish I was able to take more photos but my eyes are failing me and began to feel sticky @_@. I can't wait to see how R.Y. Battousai would stand versus this guy but I'm guessing it won't dissapoint. Vash DID set the bar so high so I'm expecting another marvel :D

Revoltech joints to be honest takes a little bit time to get used to (still haven't got the hang of it). Working with a flipping double ball joint (Revol joint) is weird at first but most say that it does NOT degrade. Trade off is good if that is the case. Only time and experience will tell. It does feel fragile too.

PS.
Been quiet lately but all is good. September has been a great GunPla run and I assure that there's another surprise that would kick off just before the year ends. *cough* GFP 1/144 challenge *cough*...
Now, off to my secret GunPla garden tee-hee..... (っ˘ڡ˘ς)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g

RIP Crimson Comet

Photobucket has kidnapped my photos and I'm too lazy to re-upload and update every bit. It's been worthwhile. I'm intending to start a new blog that is more "personal" than just focus on one part of my hobby. Looking at my older posts, I can fairly say I've improved on my toy photography (and English!) in which I am thankful for this space as a medium to share my work. Thank you for reading up to this part! Cheers for 7 years!

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint