Skip to main content

Bandai SD RX-93 Nu Gundam - Review

A mini review for this small kit. Finally finished painting (took me 8 months, mind you) for this baby! When laziness strikes; it hits you hard. Not done really (ooohh the laziness!). More on that in a bit...

Front (yep improved a little with my photography thanks to Photo Caddy app for android)


Side



It's awesome how tiny the decals give a huge boost with the aesthetics department. Ver Ka kits I do not dare >.< (prolly soon hihihi)


Clear stickers are "good enough" when you're working on a light / white surface but looks abysmal on dark / black and didn't bother putting some on those. That teeny weeny caution mark is definitely an eye-catcher!


Amuro's mean green (white) killing machine


Side by side comparison with v1 and v2



Pros:
What an SD Nu SHOULD look like
Articulation on arms
Clear stickers are awesome *when bought with the Zeta pair pack

Cons:
When compared to v1 - this Nu has no bazooka & funnels lost it's twisty gimmick
HOLLOWED PIECES on weapons

....Wait what?! No weapons!? How about the HWS?! You bought the twin pack for nothing!

Slow down Bebop. The clear stickers did justice with the purchase AND I was disturbed, more over EXTREMELY DISGUSTED with the hollow side of the weapons. Sure a putty would've remedied that but yeah, ORE WA LAZY. Painting this kit was already an excruciating process with my time and moolah constraints and digging deeper into the kit-dom come of a modeler was not an option (at least for now). I may..... someday.... back track with this kit and do what should a modeler/collector would. I know I will as Amuro's units are close to my Gundam Heart. Right now I am happy with what I have achieved and proud of "simply" executing the paint job cleanly. Cheers! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD Shining Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

It has been a while since the last time I blogged. Reality bites and I have to focus on the "more important things in life." Work, girlfriend, and of course going outdoors - a much needed "distraction" to regain my appetite for GunPla. In all honesty my interest has gone downhill and the promised TT Hongli MG Sinanju is nothing more of a plan than a work-to-be-done. There will always be the GunPla itch so I picked this teeneeweenee SD that caught my eye. Welcome to the club, Shining Gundam!! To start off, the box. Runners - 5 in total along with the polycaps Issue 01: See the yellow fin attached to the head? Don't force to plug it in. You'll only damage the plastic. Shave off the little opening to fully accommodate the fin. Repeat it on the other side. Issue 02: The usual suspect in QY kits. What I did was shave the male connectors with my hobby knife. Head done! Notice I used the foil stickers. It's not that I was too lazy to paint the eyes, b...