Skip to main content

Bandai SD RX-93 Nu Gundam V2 - WIP 02

Hohoho!! It's not every day, heck, it's not every YEAR you get to post on February 29! Not much progress with the Nu since I ran out of clear primer and grey primer. Sucks because I was in the mood and 6th gear today to actually do some damage :(

Anyway, the Nu unit is complete. I was about to paint the funnels and weapons but yeah, primer has been depleted.

Preppin to paint the fin funnels (pardon for the messy room)



Some of the weapons. I actually forgot the sword for this batch


Detailed using Gundam Markers for touch ups and panel-lined the Nu using a 0.3 mechanical pencil. Works wonders. The effect is just what I wanted. Thin, faint, and clean :)


Unit complete!~



I have been constantly experimenting on different techniques on how to put up model kits. For the past builds I have been flirting with glossy finishes and surprised to say I find it awesome. Still, my preferred finish is matte, but the gloss right now just looks as good. I guess depending on the mood I'm in or on the color scheme. Hopefully next time if opportunity and time permits, I'll get to try out pastel color schemes.

PS.
This is what's keeping me alive and healthy without quitting the habit.
Current setup:
Ego-PT 4.2v
801 LR atomizer (atty)
Watermelon juice 18mg nic

The 801 LR atty is a charm. It produces a warm a tasty vapor! Watermelon overload!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD Shining Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

It has been a while since the last time I blogged. Reality bites and I have to focus on the "more important things in life." Work, girlfriend, and of course going outdoors - a much needed "distraction" to regain my appetite for GunPla. In all honesty my interest has gone downhill and the promised TT Hongli MG Sinanju is nothing more of a plan than a work-to-be-done. There will always be the GunPla itch so I picked this teeneeweenee SD that caught my eye. Welcome to the club, Shining Gundam!! To start off, the box. Runners - 5 in total along with the polycaps Issue 01: See the yellow fin attached to the head? Don't force to plug it in. You'll only damage the plastic. Shave off the little opening to fully accommodate the fin. Repeat it on the other side. Issue 02: The usual suspect in QY kits. What I did was shave the male connectors with my hobby knife. Head done! Notice I used the foil stickers. It's not that I was too lazy to paint the eyes, b...