Skip to main content

TT Hongli HG 1/144 Throne Eins - WIP 01

Aahh good to be back. The smell of fresh plastic and enamel and acrylic paint sparked me up into building this. I never thought I would enjoy a kit that was not a personal preference. The design slowly grew on me and the colors, really the colors are its finest attribute in my opinion (probably my first brown gundam :p). I am excited in finishing this and move on with Drei.

Never had a problem with the body. I've painted the orb candy violet. Turned out nicely but not as glossy as I've wanted.


Another angle for the body


Painted the eyes


Issue 01: A fitting problem with the head's male connector being too thick. Gently shave it off to fit it snuggly into the other piece.


Finishing the head and my WIP 01


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD God Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

Thank GOD I'm back! Lumix is back and my GunPla energy has been over the top! I'm feeling good this morning and built Gundam Alex. Well more on that next time, but again, thank GOD I can finally review my QY God Gundam! Starting off, here is the box of QY's bootleg of God Gundam (Deitg Warrior). Unboxing this miniscule kit, there are only 5 runners along with the polycaps. ..And here's my bootleg Unicorn (mfg by Jargon), envious why he does not have a review. Issue 01: Starting off our assembly cure, carefully shave off the chest piece by a hobby knife to snugly fit it into the chest armor. Issue 02: Like most of my QY kits, head continues to be problematic. Cut the male connectors and apply glue to the seams. Issue 03: Waist armor male connectors are too thick. Shave by a hobby knife or sand it down to fit the pieces. Issue 04: Arms too have fitting issues. Cut the male connectors and then glue. Make sure you do not forget the poly cap when gluing! Is...