Skip to main content

Bandai RD Dann of Thursday - Review

Hohoho glad to be back! Long hiatus now over but sadly this will be another short stint of me blogging / reviewing my collection. A handful of Robot Damashii's have been acquired since my blog succumbed to a deep slumber. What actually has been pulling me from reviewing the figures is that I have been hunting a Tamashii Stage Act 4/5 to give justice to the poses my imagination have been oozing but to no avail.... At least until NOW! I was able to snag TSA 4 (hoping for a 5 to accomodate RD's weight but 4 will do - hopefully or at least for this figure).

Now onto the review! I present, GunXSword's (pronounced as Gun-Sword no "ex") Dann of Thursday





Face details are spectacular


Thursday Kick-u


Oooooohhh O________O



Final raido - D-d-d-d-d-dann of Thursday



Articulation? More than 30 points.



I can't remember if he did put that blade on his elbow in the show


Ittoryu...



*swing*




A treat during close ups for this fig. Details are breathtaking




It used to be able to stand on its own toes. Joint got a little loose and the glass surface certainly didn't help. Still amazing how wide the articulation on its feet is. Cool.

Santoryu





Pros:
ARTICULATION
Details

Cons:
None!

The level of simplicity with Dann's design as a humanoid robot and yet having the sophisticated details with wires going on his arms and legs, fine lines all over it's body, and the crystal-y blue kicks in a sweet flavor with how perfect (at least in my eyes) this masterpiece is. It kind of reminds me of Evangelion mechs - only busier in the design department. That sort of mixture gives an articulate yet beautiful figure. Thank you RD for reanimating this perfection in real life!

Swords are a thing of the past....


Next stop: Volkein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD God Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

Thank GOD I'm back! Lumix is back and my GunPla energy has been over the top! I'm feeling good this morning and built Gundam Alex. Well more on that next time, but again, thank GOD I can finally review my QY God Gundam! Starting off, here is the box of QY's bootleg of God Gundam (Deitg Warrior). Unboxing this miniscule kit, there are only 5 runners along with the polycaps. ..And here's my bootleg Unicorn (mfg by Jargon), envious why he does not have a review. Issue 01: Starting off our assembly cure, carefully shave off the chest piece by a hobby knife to snugly fit it into the chest armor. Issue 02: Like most of my QY kits, head continues to be problematic. Cut the male connectors and apply glue to the seams. Issue 03: Waist armor male connectors are too thick. Shave by a hobby knife or sand it down to fit the pieces. Issue 04: Arms too have fitting issues. Cut the male connectors and then glue. Make sure you do not forget the poly cap when gluing! Is...