Skip to main content

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - WIP 03

Other progress are delayed but I managed to take these photos way before my Lumix went out to the seas (take care!). This is just the assembly of the armaments and core fighter of my RG RX-78-2.

Beam rifle is pretty with the black - white color scheme. This is one of the few changes the RG version has


Again, not paying attention to detail, I almost snapped the Hyper Bazooka's handle because I forced it in during assembly. Good thing it didn't break and the chip from the grind were managed by sanding. Stress mark though looks awful :(


Shield has no problems when assembling and the two shades of red give a little more excitement


Core fighter is SWEET! Decal application on this guy is one hell of a job but I managed anyways LOL



An update on my hauls - I've sold my MG Quan[T] w/ LED so you probably won't seeing a Setsuna MS here anytime soon. I have decided that MG's are not my thing anymore (not closing the doors on that line though) since assembling those beasts are a bit stressful on my lifestyle. Focused solely on 1/144 scale HG and RG scale for its vast collection of released MS's. Probably next year I'll start collecting the MG Endless Waltz series for memories of Wing has what started GunPla for me. The kits look awesome while not being too fancy so I think assembly of those would be a breeze.

Oh, I was able to snag a rare kind at a local shop - SD Zeta and SD Nu Gundam bundle. I was surprised that it was NOT overpriced as the other kits laying around and what made me buy it in a heartbeat was that it came with decals. COOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TT Hongli MG 1/100 Exia Ignition Mode - Review

Assembling bootleg kits can be a pain at times but this MG Exia Ignition Mode was a breeze. I was surprised from the fact that 90% went well and the other 10% were minor fixes - from shaving male connectors to gluing parts. I really enjoyed assembling my first Master Grade (I was hoping it was Bandai, my wallet was not cooperating as expected lol). Action! G...Gu...Gundaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUNDAAAAMU!!! Ore wa........... Ore Wa Gundam-da!! Exia exterminating target............... Graham: Ike, Setsuna! Live and unlock the future! More swords Setsuna? Target exterminated! Joining the bunch :D Pros: Assembling is pretty easy for a bootleg Build is sturdy It came with LEDs! Cons: Joints are too stiff (for my liking, anyways, it made the kit solid though) Swords at his wait does not fit the peg in the hand Exia Repair parts does need half of the non-Repair head. (didn't bother with the transformation) The Exia Ignition Mode is a must have! I'm really g...

Bandai RG RX-78-2 Gundam - Review

The much anticipated (and delayed) review of my RG RX-78-2! I broke the chest piece when I was applying some finishing touches on the kit. Crap it was a nightmare! When the piece snapped into two I couldn't hold back and yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That serves another lesson for me. Never EVER force yourself into working with half-assed consciousness. Weeks came by and I was able to get in touch with someone who has a spare RG RX-78-2 kit. Viola, my kit is RESTORED! Onto the review, here's the RX-78-2 in its Real Grade Excitement Embodied glory Ah, the Real Grade. Stressing color separation. The attention given to the details of RG kits is just plain awesome! The different shades of white, red, and blue is fantastic. Showing off some articulation here, kneeling poses are a bit better than the RG Char Zaku. Goes to show that top notch engineering with a mini-skirt design Gundam works! That's Amuro by the way :p Will paint...

QY SD Shining Gundam - Mini WIP, Assembly Cure and Review

It has been a while since the last time I blogged. Reality bites and I have to focus on the "more important things in life." Work, girlfriend, and of course going outdoors - a much needed "distraction" to regain my appetite for GunPla. In all honesty my interest has gone downhill and the promised TT Hongli MG Sinanju is nothing more of a plan than a work-to-be-done. There will always be the GunPla itch so I picked this teeneeweenee SD that caught my eye. Welcome to the club, Shining Gundam!! To start off, the box. Runners - 5 in total along with the polycaps Issue 01: See the yellow fin attached to the head? Don't force to plug it in. You'll only damage the plastic. Shave off the little opening to fully accommodate the fin. Repeat it on the other side. Issue 02: The usual suspect in QY kits. What I did was shave the male connectors with my hobby knife. Head done! Notice I used the foil stickers. It's not that I was too lazy to paint the eyes, b...